Please be sure to read the excerpts below from News Release No.014 issued by The National Risk Management System in compliance with the provisions of the PCM-077-2020 approved by the Constitutional President of the Republic of the Council of Secretaries of State on August 10, 2020.
To ensure the effectiveness of the biosecurity procedures implemented in air transportation, an expedited procedure has been established that involves new requirements in addition to the requirements for entering/leaving the country determined in the Immigration and Foreigner Law, which are:
- Complete the information in https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn de:
- Realize the immigration on pre-registration
- Health Surveillance Sheet
- Submit a Sworn Statement that will be submitted to the country’s health regulations
- All passengers must present a negative result of the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test in real-time or rapid test with a minimum specificity of 85% Sensitivity 98% for COVID-19, carried out in a period not greater than seventy-two (72) hours before entering the country. In unforeseen circumstances, the passenger will undergo a clinical evaluation by the staff of the International Health Office.
- You must comply with the Protocol established in the International Health Regulations at the time of entry into the country (clinical evaluation and mandatory quarantine) if the health authority determines so.
- Comply with the other biosafety measures established in the Protocols of the Secretary of State in the Health Office (mandatory use of a mask).
- All travelers must ensure that they meet the requirements to leave the country and enter the country of destination. The fulfillment of the requirements is the responsibility of the passenger.
If a foreign passenger develops symptoms of acute respiratory infection or shows signs or symptoms compatible with a contagious disease, including COVID-19, they will undergo the process established in the protocol of biosecurity measures of international airports in Honduras (Civil Aviation Industry) Section 7 and 8 of the handling of suspicious cases in airports and aircraft.
We reiterate to the population to take into account all the biosecurity measures that have been implemented in the air terminals and aircraft and to be least three (3) hours before their trip in the corresponding air terminal.
The COVID-19 Virus has lead to many changes in travel and trip insurance. At present, our recommendation is to purchase either the Travel SE Plan or the Travel LX Plan with our trusted insurance provider, iTravelInsured®.
Both plans include Emergency Medical Evacuations coverage, however, only the Travel LX Plan includes a "Cancel for Any Reason" benefit.
Important: Once you have made your first arrangement for a trip, that date becomes the initial trip deposit date. You must purchase your plan within 20 days of making that initial trip deposit if the coverage is to be in effect.